Friday, January 3, 2014

5 year anniversary

5 years ago today I got to marry this guy
my high school sweetheart, my prom date, my best friend.  I can honestly say I love him more today than I did that day.  I always found that to be a strange concept that I couldn't quite understand before I was married.  It isn't until you share a life together that love grows in ways you never dreamed about and those words become true. We have been so blessed these 5 years in our marriage.  We have faced many difficult trials and by the grace of God each of those trials has brought us closer together.  We have understood grace more and we have trusted the Lord more throughout this year.  I'm so thankful for this man and how he loves me unconditionally. 
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:17

 

  

I Adam promise to love you Ashley as Christ loved the church, giving himself up for her. In the same way that God has shown grace to me, I promise to work toward a marriage marked by gracious love. Whether in times of plenty and in want, in sickness or in health, times of blessing or trial, I commit my life to you, and I will never divorce you. Before God and to His glory, I make this covenant with you.


I Ashley promise to honor and respect you Adam, the same way that the church submits itself to Christ. In the same way that God has shown grace to me, I promise to work toward a marriage marked by gracious love. Whether in times of plenty and in want, in sickness or in health, times of blessing or trial, I commit my life to you, and I will never divorce you. Before God and to His glory, I make this covenant with you.

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY 5 YEARS! so blessed to be a part of your wedding day 5 years ago. love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!!! Isn't it funny how 5 years can seem like a lifetime and just a blink of the eye at the same time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary Ashley! You guys seem like a great couple! I truly hope that we can meet one day :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen! you guys do too and I would love to meet one day as well I think that would be so neat!

      Delete

I so love your comments :)