Monday, December 9, 2013

I was like Baby, Baby, Baby, Ohhh

A couple of weeks ago we got to do a baby shower for my college roommate and also sister-in-law Courtney!  Courtney married Adam's little brother 4 years ago and now they're expecting their first child, my niece!  We love our three nephews so much on my side of the family and we're so excited to add a girl to the mix to love on!

Rachael, Sara, and I (my other roommates minus Anne who we missed!) put the shower on together at Rachael's clubhouse in her neighborhood.  It was the perfect place and such a nice facility! 
We made some of the food for the shower and got the cupcakes from a local bakery. We made a delicious Napa Valley Chicken Salad, highly recommend it! It doesn't use any mayonnaise which I am NOT a fan of so that's a win in my book. 

I hate I don't have any pictures of the action but I was the present hander/mover so I was busy the entire time but she got a lot of great stuff! 
We played a fun and different name that tune baby shower game that my sister told me about.  All the songs had the word baby in them, like The Biebs Baby, Baby, Baby, or Britney Spears' Hit Me Baby One More time.  There was a mix of old and new to hopefully level the playing field among all ages attending.  You have to write down the song and artist and whoever gets the most wins a prize!  It worked out well and wasn't one of those annoying or gross shower games!  
The hostesses sporting their pink tops for Baby Girl Moore and we just all happen to be wearing boots because we're cool like that :)
It was so much fun to plan and do and we can't wait to meet our niece in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love your comments :)