Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Here, there, and everywhere

Summer is in full swing for us and we are loving our new found freedom and flexibility that we've never had before!  We're so thankful for Adam's job and how it allows us to live life more than our old jobs where we had NO weekends and very very little flexibility!

The first week I headed down to Edisto Island with my family and then Adam joined me later in the week.  We had so much fun hanging out with my family, aunts, 1 of my cousins, and the highlight of course our nephews!  I know I'm biased and that is ok but they are just so stinking cute!  My sister is expecting our third nephew in September and we can't wait!  We love them so much and are so excited to have another stinky boy to love on :)

In the car when we stopped for lunch and the boys found my swedish fish in my purse. 
The beautiful pond and trees with spanish moss right in front of my aunts beach house. 
The end of a sunset one night.  It was so beautiful

Silly Grant loved and I mean LOVED these fruit strips from target.  He would carry around the box and as you can see here kiss it as well.  Adorbs I tell ya
And Jackson loved Adam's Eno hammock
We spent our days going to the beach, riding around in the golf cart, going to the pool, reading, riding bikes, and just enjoying all the concentrated quality time together that only comes around once a year.

Anyone else love the new instagram videos?!  Here is a little one Adam put together
video
This restaurant is a tradition every year.  It is in an old firehouse, so it is pretty cool!  This picture is not that great of Adam but it's cute of the boys so sorry babe!
Then on the way home.  Grant wanted to hold my hand while I was sitting in the backseat.  Is there anything sweeter?!  I'll hold your hand all day sweet boy.  Melt...
Golf cart ride to breakfast
Beach fun!

We already can't wait for next year!

The second week we went to camp with the students from our church.  It was a good time of getting to know the students in our church better.  We had great teaching and fantastic worship.  It was tiring and the food was terrible! but I survived and learned I'm not as young as I used to be ha! I'm so glad that I could go though and help chaperone.  The kids were great and I was thankful I got to know them all better.  It definitely brought back sweet memories of our days at Camp Caswell in NC!

So that was the last 2 weeks and we're not slowing down anytime soon!  More adventures in the next couple of weeks! Here we go! 

oh and also you couldn't pay me a million dollars to go back to high school or middle school :)

4 comments:

  1. Ahh that looks so fun and relaxing. And yes, I unbiased-ly agree that your nephews are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- love your "you couldn't pay me..." comment. And I think that pic of you and Adam with that beautiful sunset is one of my favs of yall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen on that last statement! Haha, I have those same sentiments. Not that I didn't love good ol Mooresville, but no thank you, never again. :) Glad you guys are enjoying your free time! Its amazing how nice it is having a "normal" schedule so you can participate in life isn't it? Edisto looked great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love mooresville but man high school/middle school was brutal!! we should've been better friends back then haha!

      Delete

I so love your comments :)