Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New look + New name

My blog got some new duds.  It was kind of in the state of like if your mom made all your clothes but no matter what there was no way it could look like something from Abercrombie & Fitch.  Side note: is that even the "it" clothes anymore?  Does the cologne wafting through the air vents and scantly clad employees still draw them in?  on that note you couldn't pay me to go back to high school... moving on... I did all I could do but it was time to make my blog a cool kid.

I have been contemplating a blog makeover for quite a while but just wasn't sure which way I wanted to go or what I wanted to do and basically I just couldn't commit silly I know... but I had some birthday money and decided to stop being non-commital and go for it!  So I contacted my friend Leigh who designs blogs and gave her my likes and dislikes and voila! She was great to work with and I would highly recommend her if you're looking for a little bloggy facelift :)

As far as the name I hadn't really planned on changing the name but one day after thinking over these words I thought why not?!  I have been reading Comforts from the Cross by Elyse Fitzpatrick and she has used tethered multiple times which is actually one of if not my favorite word.  To me it is steeped in symbolism.

She said:
 "....our lives are tethered to love.  Woven into every thread of our existence is the concept that love is the most important thing about who we are."

she goes on to say:
"The story of redemption is, in its purest form, a love story, but it's a love story unlike anything you could ever imagine.  It's the story of God's love for you but this love isn't just a sweet sentiment inscribed on a greeting card destined for the next week's garbage bin.  It's a deeper and richer, and honestly a bit frightening.  It's love that is willing to afflict itself and its beloved for a greater good. The story of your redemption is a story of fierce love."

Who better to be tethered to than the ultimate source, author, beginning, and maker of love itself. 

So I hope you guys enjoy looking at it as much as I do :)

4 comments:

  1. love the new look and name! I just started reading Comforts from the Cross yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing - seriously! Way to commit and do it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look and name. I guess your blog stood still so it got "painter".

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)