Monday, March 18, 2013

Choosing Joy

I love this quote. I remember when I first heard it how it resonated so deeply. Christ tells us to give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you - 1 Thess. 5:18.  If we're comparing ourselves to what someone else has or does then we're not being thankful.  Isn't that just what happens when we start comparing ourselves - we lose our joy?  We instantly become unthankful, ungrateful, and the joy that we have in whatever "it" is is instantly sucked away. 
I hate comparing myself to others.  It makes me think mean thoughts.  It makes me feel jealous and judgmental and sad when I should be happy for them.  Our hearts are so very wretched and ugly.  I'm thankful for a savior who gives me righteousness so that my ugly heart is made clean and pure before the Father.  Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow.

1 comment:

I so love your comments :)