Tuesday, January 29, 2013

14 Months Waiting

January 21st officially marked 14 months on the waitlist.  I totally missed documenting 13 months and I blame Christmas.  With the turning of the new year came a new found hope that this is mostly likely the year we will see our son's face and we are going to believe God for that.  I don't know that I'm going to continue updating our monthly wait time so much.  Maybe just a "checking in" every now and then on the adoption front.  It seems to go faster when I don't have to "keep up" with the date, and I'll take whatever I can get :)     

I just got back from Created for Care.  This was my second year going and I have to say that this year was so much better than last year.  I mean last year was good but this year was just exceptionally good.  It was so good to be with so many like-minded people.  For them to know where you come from and to be able to speak freely.  450 other moms all in different places on different paths but with a common thread - Jesus Christ, loving adoption, and intensely loving their children through Him.  I asked that the Lord would renew my calling to fill me with new excitement and hope as we go into this year of waiting and He is working on me.  

Everyone who comes to adoption does so through different paths.  Some are brought there through the pain of infertility.  Some are brought there because we are commanded as believers to care for the orphans and widows and that looks different for everyone.  Some are brought there simply because there was a need.  Regardless, there are always new challenges and obstacles to face on this journey of adoption.

I'm just gonna be real with y'all.  It was easy for me to choose adoption before.  It is always easy to say yes to something you want to do, but what about when it gets hard? At the time we began we knew we had a wait ahead of us.  We had no idea what that would bring.  We weren't "ready" for a child right then so the fact that we had to wait was perfectly fine with us.  Well here we are 2 and a half years later, countless unforeseen obstacles, many babies born around us, and those feelings are looooong gone.  We are ready, we have been ready, but we wait.  We've said yes throughout this and I've had to choose to say yes even though my arms and heart ache for a child.  And we're still saying yes, but just asking for His strength to endure.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing... Helps me know how to best pray for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are AMAZING. We love you so much and admire your patience. We can't wait to share the joy of meeting Silas this year - praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your story. Praying as I sit here for endurance from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)