Thursday, November 15, 2012

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

We just got back Disney World!  We have been gone for the last week with my side of the family (2 sisters + 2 husbands + 2 nephews + mom and dad + adam and I).  We celebrated my parents 40th Anniversary!  Crazy awesome huh?! We had a great time minus the 24 hours that I caught an awesome stomach bug :( It should be a crime to get sick while you're at Disney World I mean c'mon.  We hit Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Epcot and I missed Magic Kingdom which is like classic Disney :( big bummer.  My super sweet hubby stayed with me the whole day and should get a medal for all that he did for me.  I am so blessed.

We were also thinking we would probably go to Harry Potter world which I was reallllllllllllly looking forward to but it just didn't work out :( ok enough with the whining... We really did have a great time and I was so blessed to be able to bounce back so quickly and was good to go the next day and was able to put in a full day at Epcot.  It was actually kind of crowded I don't know if it was the holiday or if it is just always like that but it was definitely busy.  And I can tell you one thing I NEVER EVER want to go in the summer.  It was plenty warm in November so I can only imagine, actually I don't even want to imagine how horribly awful miserable hot it must be then...

The nephews are 2 and 4 and they had a great time.  It was very tiring for them but they were troopers.  Grant-2, loooooves Mickey Mouse or as he ever so adorably calls him Meese Mouse and freaks out anytime he sees Meese Mouse, too precious.   
 My sister made a countdown chain for the car ride.  We took two cars and traded off riding in the van and driving my parents car so they could ride with the grands. 
Would y'all believe I have had this hat since the 2nd grade?!!! I found it that morning at my parents before we left.  You should be amazed on multiple levels... 1) that my mother the queen of throwing things away/giving things away has kept it all theses years 2) that we could actually locate it very quickly and 3) as my bro-in-law pointed out it was actually made in the good ol' US of A and not only that in Raleigh NC!  I can guarantee that is NOT the case anymore!
this is how Jackson's face was at every show, he was enthralled! The Lion King show was actually pretty cool.



This was all of us riding the super awesome roller coaster Mt. Everest at Animal Kingdom. View from the top of the coaster:


and I can say from experience they did a great job on this replica of the temple of heaven in china.  adam was sad he was yet again left out of the china pic ;)
Jackson in the Honey I shrunk the Kids "spider web."  I was so surprised that thing was still around and looks the exact same from when I was a kid.  I just think of that movie as being in our era I mean do kids nowadays watch that? is it really a classic now?

My super cool 3D glasses for the Toy Story ride
In Hollywood studios they had this street all lit up with I'm pretty sure they said 5 million lights.  They also had it snowing which was super cool and then they had music that the lights danced to it.  It was very neat and we had no idea it was going on so that was an extra special treat!

Well I think that is about all that I want to share from the photo dump that I have, still need to get my moms pictures.  We are so very thankful that my parents took us all on this trip and above all that they were able to celebrate 40 years of marriage.  I am so thankful for their example and the heritage that they have given me in this.  I do not take it for granted and know what a blessing it is to have this and their example.  We love you!

1 comment:

  1. What a great family trip! I love Disney World. I wish y'all would have gotten personalized family t-shirts though, hehe! Or maybe you did.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)