Monday, October 29, 2012

We're here!

Hey Friends we're here! and we have internet yay!  we moved in 8 days ago and things went fairly smoothly.  We had movers come on Saturday to load the truck for us and lets just say they were worth. every. penny.  There is no way we could have done it all.  They loaded the truck, just the two of them, in about an hour and a half.  So thank you two men and a truck minus the truck, we rented that ourselves, so thank you two men...

We're so glad Adam's parents came to help us as well we couldn't have done it without them!  When we got here there were some people from our church as well as my uncle and his wife who live about an hour away that came to help unload.  It went quickly.  and then we were all moved in.  just like that we belong to a new state. 

That was all saturday.  We had left a "few" odds and ends at our house in Raleigh because we knew we would have to come back to close on the house wednesday.  We also had to clean.  At first it seemed to be such a hassle that we would have to go back to close on the house but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise of course.  There is no way we could've cleaned that whole house after everything had been removed and made it down here before it got too late.  So we left tuesday evening.  It was funny to sleep on an air mattress one last time in our old house because that it just how we began in that house.  After we closed on it when we first bought it we were so excited we wanted to stay there even before moving day so we slept on an air mattress a couple of nights.  We kind of came full circle in a strange way. 

Wednesday was well... we'll just say, a time of strengthening our marriage and learning about grace towards one another... we had GROSSLY underestimated the amount of time it would take to pack up all the "odds and ends," clean the whole house, pack the car, early vote, run by adam's work to pick up something he left, and take a trip to the dump.  On top of all this we were supposed to be at the closing attorney's office by noon.  yeah that didn't happen.  thankfully they were able to work with us and we were able to push it back.  wow after typing all that out, we are idiots. 

It was a loooooong day for us and we're thankful it is behind us.  By the way did anyone else know that goodwill doesn't take tvs? and the regular dump doesn't either? you have to take it to a special trash dump apparently?  oh good, of course we knew that too.  just wanted to throw that out there in case you ever find yourself with a car packed to the brim plus an 80 lb chocolate lab and your husband riding around with a giant tv on his lap while you try 3 different places to try and take said tv, ya know just in case... not that we know anything about that...


  1. haha this post made me laugh although I know it was a tough for you all but I'm glad it all worked and you are finally moved!! Love you two!

  2. oh girl! that made me tired just reading it! But I am thankful for the wisdom. And about the TV thing - I totally didn't realize that either. Thankfully when we showed up with ours, another fellow donator decided to take it off our hands :)


I so love your comments :)