Monday, July 2, 2012

Family Yearbook

A while back I saw the idea of making a family yearbook on BowerPowerBlog.  I thought it was a great idea in a day and age where we don't really print pictures anymore.  I remember when I was little I loved looking through our family albums and wanted to have something to record our family events for our children to enjoy also.

I wish I could make a photo book for every event but that is just not going to happen a) it takes time to make and b) it can be pricey.  She talked about how she used My Publisher to make her books and how much she liked using them.  I can say that I am really impressed with them and very happy with the quality.  Nothing against Shutterfly and at the risk of sounding uber snobby, I just feel like these look a little more like professional quality. 

I saw a deal on LivingSocial for like $10 or $15 to go towards a 30 page book.  So I jumped on it.  For the second book I just waited till LivingSocial put another one out so I could get a good deal!  Otherwise it probably would've been around $40ish when it was all said and done.  I'm trying to catch up since we got married in 2009.  I've got one more to go till we're all caught up!

***some advice if you do decide to use My Publisher - feel free to skip this part if you're not interested.
 There are 2 options when you download the program to upload and make your book.  There is a simple uploader option and then the custom option I think they call it.  For the first book I did the simple uploader since that is the one that they recommend but to me it took waaaaay longer because it dumps all the pictures in there for you.  For me I wanted them in chronological order and it had no way of knowing what the order was.  The custom uploader on the second book was definitely the way to go.  You can select what pictures and how many you want on each page.  Much faster and much less frustrating!

They look small in this picture but they're a good size 8.75" x 11.25".  And for the next few days they're having a 40% off sale! Which I am highly considering, it makes the book $17.99!  Happy Printing!


1 comment:

  1. I love this! May have to start doing something like this... up until India, I've printed all our photos and put them in albums, that takes forever and the albums take up so much room!

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)