Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Gotta Tri

Here is my super sexy husband in his "cam shorts" (modern family anyone?) before his first Triathlon.  Can I just tell y'all how proud I am of him.  He has worked so hard over the last 2 years to get healthy and he has turned into this lean mean running machine.  I always knew he had it in him and despite the fact that I think he's crazy to subject himself to it he actually enjoys this stuff.  Which I'm so glad because me and running, well we ain't close friends. 
Here he is about to start the swim.
This is my I'm hot and sweaty face and yes it was like 90 degrees at 8:30 in the morning.
Getting out of the pool and off to the transition area to hop on the bike.
 Changing and getting ready to ride.
and he's off!  go baby go!
back from the bike and getting ready to run.
in his words, "hardest 3 miles he's ever run."  this is coming from a guy who did a half marathon with no problem.  totally different ball game when you throw in the swim and bike before it.  He did great and he had a good time, which is totally unfathomable to me, but to each their own!  pretty sure I would rather _______ you fill in the blank, it's probably better than doing a triathlon in my opinion!

sadly I didn't get a picture of him finishing :( I had to head to church for our orphan care sunday, Adam joined me later.  We were the representatives for our campus and were happy to be available to answer questions after the services.

He's planning on doing another this fall and working his way up.  Ultimate goal: Half freakin IRONMAN.  woah! and his dream: full IronMan.  Our deal if he makes it that far - he has to get the ironman tat.  A little secret: I have a thing for tats.  well some tats. I reallllllly want one but I feel like I'm too chicken!  Adam not so much so this is my way to force him to get one ha!  He agreed though so we'll see! 

I'm so proud of you baby and I can't wait to cheer you on happily from the sidelines on all your great adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love your comments :)