Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I'll count it as the first...

Something inside me changed this mothers day and it was unexpected honestly.  I don't know why that was but I wasn't prepared for the flood of emotions that entered my heart and mind that morning.  You see last mothers day things looked pretty grim for us adoption wise.  Truth be told I wasn't even sure it was going to happen, because of job issues and the major slow down in Ethiopia it wasn't looking good so I did what anyone would do... I ignored it!  Except to wish our moms happy mothers day I pretended like it wasn't happening and it definitely didn't apply to me.  This year though, I felt like a mom.   


This year things were and are different.  We are actually waiting on our child, officially anyways.  I have to say that since we started this process at the end of 2010 this little guy has grown in my heart in new and different ways.   


A new perspective was given to me as well.  I know this is probably terrible but I never really thought about other 'types' of moms and how mothers day can bring about a lot of pain.  It just never crossed my mind.  Not just for others that are in my situation of waiting through an adoption but women who want to be moms and have dealt with years of infertility.  Some who are waiting to see those two little pink lines, others who have lost a child or some who maybe have lost their mom were all especially on my heart that day. 

Going to church on Saturday nights allows us to have awesome Sundays!  So it was really nice to spend some time in the morning, reading and praying for some friends by name that I know that this day wasn't necessarily joyful for but at the same time rejoicing for friends that this mothers day is extra sweet with new babes in their arms or with a new life in their womb.  Then I read this post by my sweet friend and I so needed to hear it.  I couldn't have said it better myself.  I am so thankful how the Lord uses people in our lives and for all the different ways I was encouraged by several friends on that day, so thank you.  

While I don't know the future and I am likely to have another mothers day before we see our child's face.  I worship a God who does know our future and has set everything in motion and is sovereign over all.  I am certain of one thing though, I will never ever think of mothers day the same.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day (Belated!) I love you Ash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day!!! :) Silas is one lucky lucky little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day from one waiting mom to another!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)