Wednesday, May 23, 2012

6 months!



WOO HOO!!! I am so excited to be 6 months in to our waiting.  As I mentioned last month it just seems more established in the wait, know what I mean?  Or maybe that it's because it feels more like a milestone, yes I think that's it... that's what we'll call it, we've hit a milestone... half a year people!

Although things in our everyday life seem very uncertain as far as what the Lord has for us in ministry and where he would have us plant our lives, we are certain of this and committed to this adoption.  It seems like we are fighting for him at times.  Now not to say that it couldn't be understood but I think to fully know what it means to have to fight for your child through adoption you would have to experience it.  It's a different kind of sacrifice.

Silas buddy we're fighting for you, we desperately want you and love you already and we won't give up till you're in our arms forever.

Hoping the next 6 go as fast as the first 6, and whoever said don't wish the time away I'm convinced wasn't adopting!!!

8 comments:

  1. woohoo! 6 months!!

    haha- I like your last line of the post :)

    love you dear friend... and so thankful you're 6 months down! I'm sure the next 6 will go faster because we can pass the time together eating lots of Mexican food, visiting Krispy Kreme and watching our husbands enjoying their coffee together :)

    see you in less than 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister!! This is most definitely a battle! Congrats on 6 months!! Y'all are moving right along, we hit 12 months next week...crazy! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I was also going to say the same thing as Christy...love that last line. Congrats on 6 months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see this post! I know you've been counting down the days! I love you so much and will continue to pray for you DAILY! :) Can't wait to see yall next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeee! Yay for 6 months! Every day is one more closer to little Silas being here. We're so excited and will continue to pray for you guys and your sweet family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for you guys, ashley! I think about ya'll a lot in this process...many prayers! Congrats on 6 months and I'm hoping the next ones FLY for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you sweet friend! Keep fighting for Silas- he is worth it.

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)