Monday, February 20, 2012

3 months!

So maybe it doesn't count that February was a short month but I like to think so!  We have 3 months under our belt now.  That's halfway to 6 months which is halfway to a year!.... but let's not get ahead of ourselves.... we gots a long way to go my friends.

We know we have a long wait ahead of us.  We are trying not to set time-frames for ourselves and get wrapped up in how long we have to wait.  We have already been through so much to get to this point that we're still in the "honeymoon" phase of waiting I guess.  We are just happy to be on the actual waitlist and to know that the Lord is preparing us and our child to be united one day when He sees fit.

I've been thinking about this for a while so I'm just going to throw this out there: I'm really not sure if anyone does or would be brave enough to speak up, but if you have a question about adoption that you really want answered or just a general "wondering" I would be happy to answer! There might be someone reading this blog that is not in the adoption world and I think I tend to kind of assume everyone reading it is sometimes.  So be brave!  Even if you've never commented before just tell me how you found my blog. We all read random blogs that we stumble upon but I just wanted to present the opportunity.  Unless your comment is mean and snarky then I doubt you can ask anything that will offend me! So go! and yay for 3 months!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 3 months. :)

    I don't even know how I found your blog, probably through a mutual friends'. We are going to begin our Ethiopian adoption process this spring, and are SO excited!

    We are trying to not get discouraged with all the negative speak of time frames and government. So, I am happy to read your 'honeymoon' thoughts on adoption! It encourages us to press on with excitement.

    ~Jessica
    www.bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)