Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yard Sale Success!

Well it was a long weekend folks, but so worth it!  We left Friday afternoon with our car loaded up with the stuff from our house to head to our hometown for our yard sale.  Poor Tucker was crammed in the backseat, but he was a good sport.

After making a stop at my parents we got to the building that we were having it at that next morning.  My AWESOME in-laws, brother-in-law and sister-in-law were there to help us unload and sort.  We couldn't have done it without them and I certainly could not have kept my sanity with out my sis in law Courtney!  So thank you thank you thank you to all our family members who helped in one way or another. all of you helped make this possible!
Let me just say that things were looking prettttty grim on Saturday morning.  I should probably start by saying we stayed up till 1:00 am sorting everything and getting ready for the morning.  We woke up at 5:00 am and got to the place about 5:45.  We expected for the earlybird hardcore yardsalers to arrive by 6:00 EXCEPT that it was pouring rain! And it didn't stop until about 8:00.  I was very discouraged I thought what are we going to do with all this stuff and we will be lucky to make $200.00.  
But as you can see things cleared up!  We were praying hard hard hard!  We had a great location one of the busier intersections in the town, and it was definitely worth it to rent that spot because that was what got us so many people after a very late start for a yard sale.  God is good and He is faithful to supply all our needs.


Just a few of the helpers, my mom, dad, and Adam's dad.  We left the camera at Adam's parents during our fog of tiredness and I really wasn't thinking about taking pictures at the moment.  I was surprised by how overwhelmed I felt and was very thankful Courtney was there to make lots of price decisions etc. 

This is only some of the stuff, it wrapped around the other side of the building where there were some bigger items.  Thank you to everyone who donated stuff we are so thankful for your generosity.  I might have said this before but it reminds me so much of Acts 2 and how the church is to be to one another.  

And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds
to all, as any had need. Acts 2:45

At the end of the day we were able to take home $1,210.16!!  We are weeks away from the wait list people!! An update on that to come!

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyy! So glad it went well and that you were able to see a testimony of God's faithfulness with the rain going away. I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)