Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Homestudy, check!

Today marks the completion of our homestudy! We did our interview parts this past Friday and she did the walk through today.  The Lord was good to us and allowed us to have an awesome social worker! We are so excited to have this portion of our paperwork completed!  If you remember this was the part that we got to and were stalled at for several months due to job changes.  I'm not going to lie while we were still rejoicing that others were moving along in the process it was hard to feel "left behind."  We definitely felt an ache in our hearts as we longed to move on but circumstances held us where we were. 

We are thankful for the Lord's provision, His timing, and allowing us to move on with this process.  Adam has been diligent in working our our paperwork when he gets home from work since he is just working half days this week.  He has been creating us a "game plan" as I like to say, for finishing this paperwork up! We still have many more things to do, although some of the big hurdles we have crossed.  We know there could be more up ahead but we are praying for a quick and smooth completion. 

And if I could just brag on my husband for a minute (cause it's my blog and I'll blog what I want to) he is one proud dad-to-be!  He has really been tackling most of this paperwork for us, which is fine by me.  You take this one babe and if the day comes to birth biological children (as long as we are able to that is) I'll work on that one.  Teamwork ya know! He loves to tell people about our adoption story and never passes up the opportunity to tell how we are anxiously awaiting our son.  He is going to be the best Dad and I can't wait to see them together one day.  what a sweet day that will be.

We have come through a somewhat difficult time for us and our faith was tested and tried.  I'm not sure if I passed, as I feel that I failed miserably in some ways but I am glad that the clouds seem to have lifted if not for just a moment.  It is easy to praise the Lord in good times but I hope that we still brought him praise and glory in the difficult days as well.  But right now we are rejoicing to be moving along and hope to finish the rest of our paperwork in record time!

~to God be the glory

As they make music they will sing,
   “All my fountains are in you.” 
psalm 87:7

4 comments:

  1. Ashley, I am so glad that you guys are moving forward. I think you have handled this season with much grace, and honesty. It has been a joy to watch you trust God when you didn't know what He was doing. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you guys have another step completed. Every day you get a little bit closer, and His timing is PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see this is moving forward for you guys!! I know it's such a process but I know that you guys have laid this completely at the Lord's feet.

    Praying! :)

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)