Sunday, April 10, 2011

a journey

My good friend Rebekah gave me a CD from the Created for Care adoption retreat she went to.  It has been such a blessing to me to get to listen and learn so many things from this CD.  I really believe that God has used this to change my heart in some areas and I am thankful.  One line on the CD has stuck with me.  Someone said that you have to think about adoption as a journey not a process.  This has helped me to try and remember to look at our adoption as a journey and not to get caught up in timelines and dates and who is ahead of us etc.

Ever since "our" timeline was unexpectedly changed I have begun to think about it differently.  I know that all of the delays will get us to the child that the Lord has chosen for us and that when we do meet him, all of the obstacles will be forgotten, however long that may be. 
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 
Hebrews 11:1

3 comments:

  1. yep, Mr. Silas is going to be perfect. so thankful for yall's steadfastness in this journey. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that scripture Ashley. I will keep it mind for our journey as well. I know that scripture will be perfect for you two to dwell on and it will bring you to the fella that God has designed to be Silas. Hugs for both of you!

    Love,
    Mom/Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. A journey... so TRUE! Thanks for your excitement with us in our adoption, just like you said in the previous post, it is WAR sometimes. I'm happy to hear Adam has found a job and you guys can take that next step. Keep stepping, God has it all in his hands! Hope to see you not far behind us and one day our little boys playing together!

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)