Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Name Change

heart (härt)n.
- The chambered muscular organ in vertebrates that pumps blood received from the veins into the arteries, thereby maintaining the flow of blood through the entire circulatory system.
-The vital center and source of one's being, emotions, and sensibilities.
-The repository of one's deepest and sincerest feelings and beliefs.
-The seat of the intellect or imagination.
-Emotional constitution, basic disposition, or character.
-
One's prevailing mood or current inclination.
-Capacity for sympathy or generosity; compassion.
-Love; affection.
-Courage; resolution; fortitude.
-The firmness of will or the callousness required to carry out an unpleasant task or responsibility.
-A person esteemed or admired as lovable, loyal, or courageous.
-The central or innermost physical part of a place or region.
-The most important or essential part.

so I've decided to give the ole' blog a facelift and a new name. I was kind of getting tired of stories of us and wanted to reflect where we are. The title reflects different things about our faith in Christ and family at this point. It is about the place where we hold Silas. It is about the place where Christ dwells within us. All of these definitions of the heart describe this journey. A place where you get your source of strength and experience great depths of sadness.

We got each other adoption jewelry this year for Christmas which I can't believe I forgot to post... coming soon! When you're pregnant you are carrying your child with you all the time. This is just my, our, small way of tangibly carrying him with us each day. We want people to know what we are waiting and hoping for. Now faith is is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Not flesh of my flesh,
Nor bone of my bone, But
still miraculously my own. Never
forget a single minute, You didn't
grow under my heart-
but in it.
~Fleur Conkling Heyliger

4 comments:

  1. Love the name change! I totally thought from the title that your post was going to be that you changed the baby's name :) lol. Can't wait to see your post on the adoption jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Love the new blog changes, you know I'm always a fan! Praying for you two and precious Silas!

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)