Sunday, November 7, 2010

How He Loves us so

It has been a crazzzzy busy week, I won't bore you with all the activities but bottom line, zero time for blogging. Our weekend ended with the craft fair at SEBTS where we sold some of the makeup. It went SO well and we are VERY pleased! That plus some other things has put us about $1,000 dollars away from what we need for this first chunk of money. And in the grand scheme of things that is not bad at all, and totally attainable. After this we won't need anything until our referral time! Wow... so I'm going to spill my guts, WARNING: you might get bored!

Honestly, I've kind of felt discouraged lately. I keep having this feeling of we're not doing anything we're not doing anything over and over. It's because what we're doing right now is raising money so that we can be prepared to send in this large portion all at once. Instead I want to be in the thick of the paperwork working toward being on the waitlist.

Adam reminds me that we are working just in a different way. So finally we are starting, like more than just signing the things that we already had that didn't cost any money to do kind of starting. This week I will be sending of my passport to be renewed with my new name (should've got that one done a while ago, whoops), and we are going to get our blood work/physicals done, I don't think I have ever been so excited to have blood work done! Hopefully we'll have all of round 1 paperwork in by thanksgiving? *fingers crossed* so all of this got me thinking how did we get here...

Our pastor is at the beginning of this series called Search for a King about the life of David. Today his message was about how David was just and ordinary guy. He was a shepherd the lowest of the low jobs during his time. You can listen to that message here. But he was ordinary so that God could do extraordinary things through him that he could not have done on his own.

We are just like David. We are ordinary. And God is providing in extraordinary ways for this average family to adopt one of His children. So many Christians are deterred by adoption because it is such an extravagant amount of money that most average people just don't have. But there is a God, and He will provide. oh how thankful I am.

It is hard for all of it to sink in honestly, God just did it, just like that. I didn't have to do anything except pray. It just shows how big God is and how he doesn't NEED us. That's why I feel so blessed to be simply a part of what God is doing. I love this verse I read on someones blog this week it was just so encouraging

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

Isaiah 30:21

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

listen to that song here

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you guys are getting much closer to your financial goal! It is so exciting to watch your story unfold. I also was encouraged during JD's sermon- it is amazing to see that God's plans for our lives are so much bigger than what we could have expected!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, and I totally echo those thoughts at the beginning of such a crazy process. I just keep reminding myself of the end result and regardless of how long it takes, it is all in God's perfect plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to read your posts! I always knew you could write. You get that from your father's side of the family. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)