Friday, July 16, 2010

Bye Bye Bug... Hello Honda!

Well the day came... almost as if a right of passage into official adulthood/paying your own bills! We sold my little bug. I have had it since I was 17, and I was always so shocked when I told people that I drive a bug and they said that that fit me. I'm not sure what part of my personality encompasses a bug but I suppose something did! The bug wasn't really practical for long term use and it was time for something else.
It is definitely bittersweet. I'm super excited though that a 16 year old girl bought it and she was thrilled! Her dream car. I remember the days and I am glad that she went to a good home! It made parting with it much easier.

Since the bug sold on craigslist in less than 24 hours, yes you read that correct, crazy I know, the search was on for a new car fast! Thankfully Adam's dad is in the car business and got to work for us. He found a sweet deal for us on eBay, so we drove about 1 1/2 hours away to go and check it out. We get there and find out that the car is being sold by a Casualty Assistance Officer, for a lady who lost her husband in February in Iraq. We found out that her husband had joined the military September 12, 2001, has 2 children and one on the way. It broke our hearts, but we are looking at it that we got to take the car off her hands which I'm sure was a burden so that she could move on. Also to be continually reminded how blessed we are and thankful for the people who serve our country and give their lives so that we are free. We are very thankful and humbled that the Lord provided for us above and beyond our expectations. God is good!

5 comments:

  1. awww- sad to see the bug go, but LOVE the new car! that is exciting- can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely lady in her lovely new car. It looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely lady and her lovely new car.
    Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, i love that you are hugging the bug goodbye :) And i love love love the new car. It is soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)