Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sweat Equity

This weekend Adam's parents came up to tile our bathrooms upstairs. Our house had the classic old linoleum and this is just one of the upgrades on our list that we can now cross off. Thankfully the owners before us changed everything to hardwood downstairs so that bathroom was off the hook. The boys worked really hard for 3 days and got the job done. I might be cleaning up for the next 3 weeks but we are glad we did it!
Yes that is a toilet in our shower
Adam cutting tile
This is what the girls did, thanks to Ms. Martha Stewart Courtney! It was great entertainment since we couldn't/weren't invited to help.
Here's one of my pots, I added the flowers myself!

Before:
After:
DIY reno number 1 - DONE!

4 comments:

  1. Fun weekend. I loved the crafts. I really loved seeing/hearing Wayne, Adam, and David working so hard but having good times together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyyyyy it looks awesome ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so good! We can't wait to get our tax money so we can start some major renovations too! We have the same old flooring-- what were people thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh! I love it! Reminds me of re-doing our kitchen cabinets... a lot of work, but totally worth it! Can't wait to see in person!

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)