Sunday, January 3, 2010

One year anniversary part 3

Today is the day I married my best friend
Today is the day our lives changed as individuals to one
Today is the day that we stood before many friends and family and said these words...

I Adam promise to love you Ashley as Christ loved the church, giving himself up for her. In the same way that God has shown grace to me, I promise to work toward a marriage marked by gracious love. Whether in times of plenty and in want, in sickness or in health, times of blessing or trial, I commit my life to you, and I will never divorce you. Before God and to His glory, I make this covenant with you.

I Ashley promise to honor and respect you Adam, the same way that the church submits itself to Christ. In the same way that God has shown grace to me, I promise to work toward a marriage marked by gracious love. Whether in times of plenty and in want, in sickness or in health, times of blessing or trial, I commit my life to you, and I will never divorce you. Before God and to His glory, I make this covenant with you.

So excited to be celebrating one year with my amazing husband!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What a great year you both have had together....I pray for many more! Love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy One Year! I love you both so much and pray for the Lord to continue to bless your marriage!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)