Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Charleston... our last hu-rah

We got to go to the beach with my family and then our own trip to Charleston this past Thursday to Monday. I am very thankful for my job but I don't have that much time off, so this was our last official vacation of the year, tear :( We did another late night drive down to the beach on Thursday night so we could have a full day on Friday. We did the typical "beachy" things, go on the beach, eat out, shop, read, etc. It was nice to be with family. After we left on Sunday we drove to Charleston which was only about 45 minutes away from Edisto Island. We walked around downtown Charleston before we checked into our lovely hotel. We had a very nice dinner at High Cotton although we walked over a mile to get there, I requested that since we walked so much that day we take a bike taxi home. We got up early on Monday so we could have more of the day. We shopped and took a carriage tour, highly recommend it. Then it was time for our short trip to end and to make our way home. family dinner
Breakfast at the Sea Cow famous local place with our adorable nephew
The Francis Marion hotel where we stayed for the night
Our room, it was so old, I loved it
The famous movie theater on the notebook
One of the many many beautiful homes while on our carriage tour
Wherever Adam goes there must be a Starbucks
The treat we got Tucker from the Dog Bakery on King Street for leaving him, although I don't think he missed us. Yes we are "those people."

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great trip! We love Charleston too! And we are totally "those" people. Our dog gets presents all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Glad you were able to get away! We loved seeing yall and Tucker the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so pretty there! I never realized the Notebook theater was in Charleston. Tucker is so cute!! He looks like a teenager now =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see that Tucker enjoyed his treats from Three Dog Bakery! We have had a few hits from your blog so I thought I would send you a big THANK YOU! Hope to see you all again in the future...Tail Wags!

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)