Friday, May 1, 2009

Real Life House Hunters

Hey Everyone! Well most people who know me know that I love HGTV. House Hunters is one of my favorite shows so I figured I would do a blog with our own house hunting adventure. Now the pictures aren't too great but you get the idea. So I want you to make a guess just like the real show if you have seen it as to which one you think we'll get, etc. If you're not sure how this works you can catch it on HGTV most of the time haha! So here goes....


House #1
So here is the deal with this house. It is foreclosed. Wayyyyy more house than we could ever afford. But since it is a foreclosure it is in our price range although at the very top. Now the price that we want to offer is pretty set, we don't have much room to go over it, and we would have to offer well under their asking price. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, bonus room, 2 car garage, and a fenced in back yard. Although this house is on a hill and so the backyard is pretty uneven. We aren't crazy about the look of the house because we want a house with more character and this one blends in to the rest of the neighborhood. It needs a lot of updating on the inside since it was left as is.

House #2
We love the look of this house much more, the picture is a little dull, but you kind of get the idea. This house is extremely well kept. We love pretty much everything about it. 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, nice flooring, nothing in the inside would have to be updated. It also has a fenced in backyard with a matching shed in the back. This house is exactly what we want to pay, and is move in ready. We like the neighborhood and love that it has a front porch swing. We don't like that the driveway is small, also the kitchen is smaller than we would have wanted and we will have to add a pantry. The extra 2 bedrooms are a little small but would definitely work.

Ok so all 3 of you who read this and actually comment leave us with your guess and we'll let you know which one we picked! :) P.S. if you read this and never comment now is your golden opportunity, leave us some love

8 comments:

  1. Based on your own comments I am going with house number 2! How fun that you found a house. Looking forward to hearing which one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok- so first of all I am SO excited for yall and LOVE that you did a "House Hunters" blog. I'm going to guess House # 2.

    P.S. You MUST call me later and tell me about which house and the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going with House #2 too! :) It's super cute! How exciting! Congrats no matter which you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going with house #2! This is SO exciting! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I already know that it is house #2! How cute! I cannot wait to see it in real life. I'm so happy for you guys. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not old enough to have my kids be homeowners!! We are really excited for you guys!! Hope they leave the swing. If the do not that will make a good house warming gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! I read everyone else's comments before writing this, so CONGRATULATIONS on House#2!! I also was a HUGE fan of House Hunters - especially when we were looking for our house. I also loved Property Virgins! I can't wait to see it in person!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the house! I just had to comment on here b/c I LOVE House Hunters haha. It's one of my favorite shows too. Anyway, best of luck to you guys with moving & all that fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)