Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Long overdue update!

Life has been crazy. I'm sure you can relate. The madness has started with the birth of our nephew on October 25th. I got down there on Thursday night and stayed with my good friend Christy for the weekend since things were nuts at my sisters house where I usually stay. She was a wonderful hostess! Ivey started labor at 10 am, kind of sort of, on Friday, and went all night long and Jackson was born at 6:04 am on Saturday. She was a trooper. Adam, mom, dad and I camped out at the hospital all night long. We made our home in the lobby where we each got a little love-seat that did not show us any love. haha. Those things were not the most comfortable, but better than nothing! It was so amazing to finally meet him and I can't wait to go down this weekend and see him again as he is almost 2 weeks old. Also in between all that on Friday I went to a job interview. I'm going back this weekend for a second interview, we'll see?!

Then, the Monumental event of getting my braces off! Yay! finally! I was told that a) I don't look any older b) I look five minutes older c) that I look 16 instead of 15 now. The whole goal was hoping to look older and be taken a little more seriously haha! Oh well, I guess I'll be the mom who looks 25 in her 40s? Wishful thinking? maybe... The picture I have is not very good but I'll put another up soon, it was the best I could do for now.

Then Adam and I got to take engagement pictures this past weekend. It was soooo fun and I can't wait to see them. Hopefully I can post a few I'm not sure what my photographers rules are about them.

I only have 8 more days of class left ever in my college career, and I am thrilled. I am really going to try not to be one of those people that says I miss college, right now I don't think that's happening but who knows, could. I have decided that I am not going to walk for graduation since it is December 21st! so late! I have too much other stuff going on then to make a special trip to Boone on a Sunday nonetheless to sit through a boring graduation. So just trying to finish up and keep up with my life that seems to be blurring by me right now!

2 comments:

  1. yayyyy!!! It looks so good- and I definitely think you look more than 5 minutes older... (that was funny). I really love it- and can't wait to see you in person!! Love you! Will we get to see each other this weekend? Good luck on your 2nd interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so beautiful!!! i can't believe you're getting married in less than 2 months!!! i hope they go by smoothly!! miss you

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)