Sunday, September 14, 2008

Reality Check

Our school has a career center that offers a lot of opportunities for students: job fairs, resume' clinics, mock interviews, real interviews, etc. I went going to sign up for a mock interview and was stopped because I do not have a resume' uploaded to their website. I don't even have a resume' and the deadline is Monday! So I rush to the resume' clinic to get a start on it and I have to go back tomorrow to get it checked, upload it to the website, and sign up for the mock interview before it's too late. Then real job interviews by companies like Target, Rubbermaid, and other corporations begin the end of September early October! AHHHH! It's scary trying to find a job in the real world.

This past Wednesday the Bible study I have been apart of for 2 1/2 years started the Beth Moore study, Believing God. I'm so excited. The first session was awesome. She gave us so much scripture throughout and at the end we were instructed to pick a scripture that stuck out to us and try and memorize it for the week. This is the scripture God gave me during this season of change to a new place in my life:

For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, flowing out in the valleys and hills, a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive trees and honey, a land in which you will eat bread without scarcity, in which you will lack nothing, a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills you can dig copper. Deuteronomy 8:7-9


What a sweet reminder of God's promise to provide for our needs at the exact time that I needed reminding. How quickly I forget and doubt. I know He has the perfect job for me, I just want to find it, I hope He drops it in my lap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love your comments :)