Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hermie

I am a huge fan of Jon and Kate Plus 8. Adam is in the process of loving the show. He'll get there :) On this past week's show about the 4th of July Celebrations at the beach (in NC by the way) the twins got hermit crabs. I'm pretty sure that by the end of the week they had been through like 3 hermit crabs. I had a hermit crab and I'm pretty sure most of you did too. On the show Jon comments that hermit crabs can live 30 years in the wild but like 6-9 months in captivity! That's terrible you're buying a crab to kill it. I'm not sure how accurate Jon's statistic is but I did google it and they said their lifespan is at least cut in half with proper care. But how many people have ever had a hermit crab for 10-15 years. I think not. So therefore I have decided that our children will not have hermit crabs. I know I know I say that now, and one day my kid will be begging me screaming in the store and I will have to bribe it with a disposable pet. I hope I never get to that point, but right now I'm standing firm! My children will not be hermit crab killers! And what's with the ridiculously painted shells? Pretty sure they don't come from the wild like that.

3 comments:

  1. i pledge to stay firm with you. may we remind each other and be strong for one another whenever our kids begin to throw a fit in a wings/eagles down at the beach as they beggggg for a crab. i refuse to give in. but i already see that coming as i did the same thing many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit... I had one- Crabby. I wanted it so bad and then I hated it.

    THANKS for letting me stay with you this weekend! It was so good to spend time with you guys! Thanks for being such a great hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam, please accept a little free advice from Uncle Danny. Once January comes you can either (a) have a happy marriage, or (b) refuse to watch Jon and Kate Plus 8. There is no (c).

    I'd suggest that you learn to love Maddy, Joel, Alexis, Cara, Aiden, etc...there are some hills you just shouldn't choose to die on.

    ReplyDelete

I so love your comments :)