Friday, April 4, 2008

Adoption

I love the blogger world. It’s so cool and kind of creepy at the same time. haha! Let me explain… you can read about people’s lives that you don’t even know. I know some of you may know what I’m talking about, it happens so easily. You read someone’s that you know, then you click on a blog that they read… you get the point. So eventually you end up reading about these people’s lives that you don’t know. Yes maybe that is stalkerish but if you publish it, it’s public knowledge! I love to read about people’s adoption stories. They’re so fascinating and inspiring. Adam and I hope to someday experience the joy and trials of adoption. It is a ministry as J.D. describes so well in Adoption as a Ministry on March 13th and Adoption as a Ministry Prt 2 on March 14th. I can't get the links to work so click on his blog under "blogs we read" and go to the March 2008 archive on the side. It is the gospel on display and a reflection of what Christ has done for us. If you look at these links make sure to check out John Piper's video clip about adoption. Also if you have heard of Stephen Curtis Chapman you know that has 3 adopted children and is a huge advocate of it. Here is his website. I know that this is still a ways away for us but it is on my heart and something that we will consider in the future as the Lord leads. 

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love your comments :)