Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wishing it were January 3rd


Sometimes is seems that our wedding date is so far away. We knew we would most likely feel this way being engaged for a year. In some ways it is nice: lots of time to plan, we get the venue we want, plenty of time to dress shop etc. We both realize and understand that it is going to be here before we know it, to enjoy the time we are engaged, blah blah blah! We just want to be married though! Many of our friends around us are getting married before us and we are so excited for this time in our lives, we just wish it would come as quickly for us as it seems to be for them! I know I will eventually look back and see that this time has flown by. I don't want to sound like I'm wishing my life away it is just that as corny as this may sound... I heard it best put this way, "when you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with you want the rest of your life to start right now!" I think this sums up what I'm feeling the best. We are both trying to be content where the Lord has us right now in our lives before he joins us as one we just so desperately want it to be together now. Living three hours apart is hard!! We have an exciting year ahead of us and we are eagerly anticipating the events that will be celebrating our marriage! Despite the whining I just did. I promise they won't all be like this!

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love your comments :)