Saturday, December 8, 2007

WE ARE ENGAGED!


Yay after 5 years of dating we finally get to be married! Adam re-created our first date everything went perfectly! November 30th was 5 years to the day that we went on our first date to Outback and then Birkdale. Birkdale is a very nice outdoor shopping area that has specialty restaurants, and shops, etc. It has a great atmosphere and we love it there. We went to Outback for dinner with Adam's family to celebrate his birthday. I had no idea that anything was going on because Adam was so calm and not acting weird and nervous like you would expect. I'm not very good with dates so I did not pick up on the fact that it was the anniversary of their first date, which was good for Adam and his plan! After dinner we went to Birkdale and walked around a little and got some Starbucks. It was cold outside so there weren't a lot of people around. We sat on a bench and Adam gave me a couple of little trinkets that he had brought back for me from his vacation. After he had given them to her he said I have one more for you. He then told me that even after spending 5 years together the most exciting part for him was that it was just the beginning and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was so excited and was in shock! It was perfect there was no one around us which is what we wanted and then we went to the big Christmas tree in the middle and got someone to take our picture. We went to our houses to see our families where we celebrated with sparkling juice! It was such an exciting night and it took a while to sink in that we were actually finally engaged!
~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love your comments :)